About Home Services Personal Care & Companionship
Home care includes any professional support services that allows a person to live safely in their home. Castor’s home care services can help someone who is aging and needs assistance to live independently; is managing chronic health issues; is recovering from a medical setback; or has a special need or a disability. Our professional caregivers provide short-term or long-term care in the home, depending on a person’s needs. Home care can be the key to achieving the highest quality of life possible. It can enable safety, security, and increased independence; it can ease management of an ongoing medical condition.
Not all home care providers offer all the different types of home care services. Castor is a complete home care solutions provider where we offer services and products that are necessary for you or your loved ones to live safely and independently at home.
Insurance / Payment: Personal care and companionship services are usually paid directly by the person receiving care (private pay), or through long-term care insurance or Medicaid. Other paying sources are long-term care insurance; health insurance; veterans’ benefits; and worker’s compensation. Castor works with every payor source and accepts the insurances and/or educates the family for the cost effective services.
Counties We Serve
Why Choose Castor?
Castor Home Nursing’s Home care division is serving in the community over 30 years and across rural and suburban areas. Our 100+ caregivers with specialized training to bring to your home is evident in the quality of care they deliver to our clients. Helping others achieve independence, stay safe, and enjoy a better quality of life at home is a calling that comes from within. It’s just who we are, and serving others is our highest priority and greatest joy.
The best matched caregivers make all the difference: At Castor, we focus on relationships and kindness. That’s what makes our one-on-one care so special for clients and so rewarding for caregivers. At Castor, we take the time to learn about you, your interests, habits, preferences, and more through our initial assessment and an on-going care. This gives the caregiver not only the skills and experience to meet your needs, but who would be a great fit personally. For many clients, their caregivers become like a family, and that makes all the difference.
Our Home Services include:
If it’s become more challenging to manage daily personal activities or housekeeping tasks, our trained and experienced home health aides can assist you. Or Perhaps you need help with getting to the shopping or to a doctor’s appointment, or maybe your parents have dementia and need a companion to keep them living safely at home. Castor is here for you as a complete home care service provider. We offer:
- Bathing, grooming, using the toilet, and dressing
- Meal planning and preparation
- Light housekeeping, laundry, and running errands
- Companionship and conversation
- Provide a safe environment
- Assist with or prepare healthy meals
- Provide reminders for appointments
- Escort to appointments or other activities
- Document daily progress
- Aide with reading
- Maintain a calendar
- Make beds and change linens
- Take care of a pet
- Properly answer the door and telephone
- Pick-up and organize mail
- Check medication and food expirations
- Prepare grocery list
- Go or assist with grocery shopping
- Assist with bill paying
- Oversee home deliveries
- Plan visits or outings
POST-OPERATIVE CARE & SPECIALIZED CARE
Does your elderly loved one need extra care after post-operative procedure?
Here are some of the many in home care services we provide:
- Assist with bathing and grooming
- Help with proper lifting and reaching
- Assist with clothing selection and dressing
- Aid and assist with walking in and outdoors
- Taking detailed notes at their doctors’ appointments
- Medication reminders
When your loved one needs specialized in home care, we are here to help with the following with fully trained professionals:
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care
- Hospice and Cancer Care
- Diabetes Care
- Incontinence Care
- Stroke Care
- Respite Care
- Parkinson’s Care
- And many more conditions
We provide a thorough one-on-one assessment to provide care for some of the many post-operative procedures below either by working with our skilled nursing team or home services team:
- Hip Replacements
- Knee Replacements
- Shoulder Surgery
- Spine Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Prostate Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Cataract or Eye Surgery
Our skilled and trained professionals include:
Our Home Services staff include Certified Nurse aides (CNA) and Homemakers/Caregivers
We implement a very high standard to bring our employees into our agency. Here are some of our hiring standards.
- Preferences to hire employees referred by our current employees or patient’s family.
- 100% drug free environment and every employee goes through the drug testing (policy to do random drug testing) before they start employment
- Multiple layers of interview and experience validation
- High standards on reference checks
- Thorough checks on background and negligence / incident reports.
- Training the employees with the other employees in the home already prior to start the service
- Electronic charting training to accurately chart the condition
- Competitive compensation and retention strategy to keep the nurses to a specific family.
- Over 350 online training courses for our nurses to update their skill sets.
- Access to Castor’s own medical supplies to the nurse to educate on the medical equipment
- Castor’s Health Institute offers custom training to all our staff on as needed basis