About Veterans Care
Medicare or Respite Hours Eligibility
Our team works with Veterans to determine their Respite support needs or Medicare eligibility, and Veteran’s benefits with the goal of ensuring skilled or non-skilled home care services with little to not out of pocket expense.
Respite Services for Veterans
Caring for a senior is a rewarding and challenging one. Family caregivers need to remember that it’s important to take necessary breaks and practice self-care so they can ensure that they continue to find their time in their role.
It’s important to recognize that being a family caregiver can come with feelings of loss, stress and physical strain. With Respite care, it gives family members rediscover the joy they first found in caring for their loved one. We help veteran’s families find the perfect balance between caring for their veteran and taking good care of themselves. Our fully trained caregivers who are passionate about their work, build meaningful connections with veteran’s families and ensure they are on the same page.
Counties We Serve
Why Choose Castor?
Our Veterans patients have unique care requirements, which we meet with respect, empathy, and compassion.
Veterans deserve the highest quality of care, and we ensure that’s what they receive. We work directly with the Veteran’s Administration (called Community Care Program) to support our veterans with both skilled and non-skilled care to enhance their independence and quality of life. Castor Home Nursing professional caregivers demonstrate the utmost respect and consideration as they address the unique needs of each of our veterans. We are proud to serve you as our thank you for serving us.
By choosing Castor, you get:
- Professionally trained caregivers
- Structured activities geared to Veteran’s individual interest to engage them physically, mentally and emotionally
- Assistance with chores like cooking, cleaning, bathing, dressing and shopping
- 24/7 on-call scheduling and nurse supervisor service
- Medication reminders
- Meal preparation and dietary assistance
- Post procedure monitoring
- Transportation to appointments and events
- In-home safety measurements
Our Veterans Care Services include:
Here are some basic day-to-day assistance we can provide for your loved one:
- Companionship and conversation
- Provide a safe environment
- Assist with or prepare healthy meals
- Provide reminders for appointments
- Escort to appointments or other activities
- Document daily progress
- Aide with reading
- Maintain a calendar
- Make beds and change linens
- Take care of a pet
- Properly answer the door and telephone
- Pick-up and organize mail
- Check medication and food expirations
- Prepare grocery list
- Go or assist with grocery shopping
- Assist with bill paying
- Oversee home deliveries
- Plan visits or outings
POST-OPERATIVE CARE & SPECIALIZED CARE
Does your elderly loved one need extra care after post-operative procedure?
Here are some of the many in home care services we provide:
- Assist with bathing and grooming
- Help with proper lifting and reaching
- Assist with clothing selection and dressing
- Aid and assist with walking in and outdoors
- Taking detailed notes at their doctors’ appointments
- Medication reminders
When your loved one needs specialized in home care, we are here to help with the following with fully trained professional:
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care
- Hospice and Cancer Care
- Diabetes Care
- Incontinence Care
- Stroke Care
- Respite Care
- Parkinson’s Care
- And many more conditions
We provide a thorough one-on-one assessment to provide care for some of the many post-operative procedures below either by working with our skilled nursing team or home services team:
- Hip Replacements
- Knee Replacements
- Shoulder Surgery
- Spine Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Prostate Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Cataract or Eye Surgery
Our skilled and trained professionals include:
Our Home Services staff include Certified Nurse aides (CNA) and Homemakers/Caregivers
We implement a very high standard to bring our employees into our agency. Here are some of our hiring standards.
- Preferences to hire employees referred by our current employees or patient’s family.
- 100% drug free environment and every employee goes through the drug testing (policy to do random drug testing) before they start employment
- Multiple layers of interview and experience validation
- High standards on reference checks
- Thorough checks on background and negligence / incident reports.
- Training the employees with the other employees in the home already prior to start the service
- Electronic charting training to accurately chart the condition
- Competitive compensation and retention strategy to keep the nurses to a specific family.
- Over 350 online training courses for our nurses to update their skill sets.
- Access to Castor’s own medical supplies to the nurse to educate on the medical equipment
- Castor’s Health Institute offers custom training to all our staff on as needed basis